Tuesday, July 17, 2012
Financial Services and General Government Subcommittee (Chairman Durbin)
Time and Location: 2:30 p.m., Dirksen 138
Agenda: Are Consumers Adequately Protected from Flammability of Upholstered Furniture? Hearing on the Effectiveness of Furniture Flammability Standards and Flame Retardant Chemicals.
· The Honorable Inez Tenenbaum, Chairman, Consumer Product Safety Commission.
· James J. Jones, Acting Assistant Administrator, Office of Chemical Safety and Pollution Prevention, Environmental Protection Agency.
· August (Gus) Schaefer, Sr., Vice President and Chief Safety Officer, Underwriters Laboratories, Inc.
· Andy Counts, CEO, American Home Furnishings Alliance.
· Peter Van Dorpe, Chief of the Training Division for Chicago Fire Department.