Wednesday, June 8, 2011HEARING POSTPONED
Labor, Health and Human Services, and Education Subcommittee (Chairman Harkin)
Time and Location: Dirksen 124, 10 a.m. *Hearing has been Postponed
Agenda: Fiscal Year 2012 Budget Request for the Department of Education
Witness: The Honorable Arne Duncan
U.S. Department of Education
Financial Services and General Govt. Subcommittee (Chairman Durbin)
Time and Location: Dirksen 138, 10: 30 a.m.
Agenda: FY 2012 Budget Request for the I.R.S.
Witness: The Honorable Douglass Shulman
Internal Revenue Service
Homeland Security Subcommittee (Chairman Landrieu)
Time and Location: Dirksen 138, 2:45 p.m.
Agenda: A review of the status of emergency management in the U.S., including the important role communications systems play during a disaster.
- Craig Fugate, Administrator, Federal Emergency Management Agency
- * Rand Beers, Under Secretary, National Protection and Programs Directorate
- Mark Riley, Chief of Staff, Governor's Office of Homeland Security and Emergency Preparedness, State of Louisiana, David W. Vice, Executive Director, Integrated Public Safety Commission, State of Indiana
- Eddie Hicks, International Association of Emergency Managers-USA President and Director of Morgan County, Alabama Emergency Management
- Ron Lane, Director, Office of Emergency Services, San Diego County, California